This four-day course provides detailed coverage of the configuration of the Pulse Connect Secure solution. Students will work with Pulse Connect Secure to configure secured remote access to network resources.
Key areas include Pulse Connect Secure deployment and configuration, basic implementation, and component configuration. Students will have the opportunity to apply their knowledge in several hands-on labs.
NOTE: This course prepares students for the requirements of the “Pulse Connect Secure Certified Technical Expert – PCS” Certification Exam.
- Network Engineers
- Enterprise System Architects
- Technical Support Specialists
- Implementation Consultants
- Students should have experience with the TCP/IP protocol suite, including addressing and routing, and Ethernet experience, including addressing, basic switching operations, and virtual LANs (VLANs).
- Students should have knowledge of basic security and access management concepts, including 802.1X and RADIUS.
- Chapter 1: Course Introduction
- Chapter 2: Pulse Connect Secure
- Chapter 3: Initial Configuration
o Lab: Initial Configuration Lab
- Chapter 4: Technology and Terminology
- Chapter 5: User Roles
o Lab: User Roles Lab
- Chapter 6: Basic Logging and Troubleshooting
o Lab: Logging and Tracing Lab
- Chapter 7: Resource Policies and Profiles
o Lab: Resource Policies Lab
- Chapter 8: Authentication
o Lab: Authentication Lab
- Chapter 9: Advanced Authentication Options
o Lab: Single Sign-on Lab
- Chapter 10: Certificates
o Lab: Certificate Lab
- Chapter 11: Client and Server Applications
o Lab: VPN Tunneling Lab
- Chapter 12: Pulse Secure Client
o Lab: Pulse Secure Client Lab
- Chapter 13: License Server Client Deployment
- Chapter 14: Endpoint Security
o Lab: Host Checker Lab
- Chapter 15: Administration
o Lab: Administration Lab
- Chapter 16: Troubleshooting
o Lab: Troubleshooting Lab
- Chapter 17: Virtualization
- Chapter 18: Clustering
o Lab: Cluster Lab
- Chapter 19: Cloud Secure