This three-day course provides detailed coverage of the configuration of the Pulse Policy Secure Solution. Students will work with Pulse Policy Secure, a firewall enforcer, and configure secured access to network resources.
Key areas include Pulse Policy Secure deployment, basic implementation, and component configuration. Students will have the opportunity to apply their knowledge in several hands-on labs.
NOTE: This course prepares students for the requirements of the “Pulse Secure Certified Technical Expert – PPS” Certification Exam.
- Network Engineers
- Enterprise System Architect
- Technical Support Specialists
- Implementation Consultants
Prerequisites & Audience
Students should have experience with the TCP/IP protocol suite, including addressing and routing, and Ethernet experience, including addressing, basic switching operations, and virtual LANs (VLANs).
- Students should have knowledge of basic security and access management concepts, including 802.1X and RADIUS.
- Chapter 1: Course Introduction
- Chapter 2: Pulse Policy Secure
- Chapter 3: Initial Configuration
o Lab: Initial Configuration
- Chapter 4: The Access Management Framework
- Chapter 5: User Roles
o Lab: User Roles
- Chapter 6: Client Access Methods
o Lab: Client Access
- Chapter 7: Profiler
- Chapter 8: Firewall Enforcement
o Lab: Firewall Enforcement
- Chapter 9: Layer 2 Enforcement
o Lab: 802.1X Enforcement
- Chapter 10: Endpoint Security
o Lab: Endpoint Security
- Chapter 11: Authentication Options
o Lab: Authentication Options
- Chapter 12: Management and Troubleshooting
o Lab: Logging and Troubleshooting
- Chapter 13: High Availability
o Lab: Clustering
- Chapter 14: Virtualization
- Chapter 15: Pulse Policy Secure Integration